Monday, February 3, 2014

Our Newest DT Members

Edited February 4: This was supposed to post on January 7 and I just discovered it was still in "draft" form.  My apologies.   The only good this about that is that we have additional news.  

     Bev Cole is leaving us and will be truly missed.  She's going to be putting more focus on her beautiful art work which you can find at Bev's Bliss.  Please don't be a stranger, Bev.  We'd love to hear from you.

     Ceal is also leaving us to pursue other things and adjust to a new computer system.  She's also going to do some traveling for a couple of weeks and we wish her the best.  Send us post cards, will you Ceal?

     We want to thank all who applied during the DT Call in December.  I know it was a very busy time for everyone and we appreciate you taking the time to apply.  Still, we only had a few spots to fill and the selection committee chose these lovely ladies to join us.

     Joining Team A --

Judith

Hi, folks;
I’m 54, married with 2 sons and 3 grandchildren.  I have lived in the North West of England all of my life and have been crafting in my Adult life for about 10 years.  Following a career in Finance, I did lots of crafty courses and studied Design at University, specializing in Textiles.  I have been paper crafting now for about 18 months and love it.  I love to be inspired by and an inspiration to others. My husband I also love to travel but we're unable to do that at the moment as we have 2 diabetic dogs to care for.  Looking forward to being a member of the Tuesday Throwdown Design Team.



Valou

My name is Valérie ALLARD, more known under the pen name valou250809. I live in Belgium just next to the big city of Chaleroi and in 40 kilometers from Brussels.

I have 5 children from 4 to 13 years old. I scrappe since 2006 and my style is the “Shabby Chic Style” but I know also how to create in a vintage style or C&S without any problem. I create a great deal of cards and of projects home decoration. Thank you very much! I’m very happy to be here.



     Joining Team B --

   
   Lynn  


Hi, my name is Lynn and I live near an extremely small town in the Texas - where it's super hot in the summer and not very cold in the winter.  Yes, I do wear jeans, boots, and say “y'all” all the time, too.   Since we live out in the country (which I refer to as the boonies) we see all kinds of wildlife like deer, turkey, hogs, and rabbits......and also scorpions, snakes, and creepy crawlies.  Makes life interesting to say the least.  

I'm married and we have a little doxie named Rambo that's the love of our life.  (That's what happens as the kids leave home and you get older!)  I'm the mom of two grown children and have four precious granddaughters. I've been making cards for a few years and my other hobbies include fishing, reading, and cross stitching.  I'm looking forward to being a part of the Tuesday Throwdown challenge and working with such a talented Design Team.




Debi

Hi!  My name is Debi and I am so excited to be joining the wonderful Design Team here at Tuesday Throwdown.  My DH and I are both retired and live in SE Pennsylvania.  We have 2 grown children, 5 grandchildren and are expecting a great granddaughter in March.  I will be a very young great-nana!
One Saturday, 4 years ago, I went to a local Christmas Bazaar and Craft show.   A woman had the most beautiful display of handmade cards. There was one card in particular, with an origami folded Christmas tree, that I just loved. When I asked the price, she said they weren't for sale but she was having a workshop and I could come and learn how to make all the cards displayed. I quickly discovered not only what a fun hobby stamping is, but I also found a whole group of new friends and wonderful people who love stamping and papercrafting as much as I do.  
Mostly, I make cards with an occasional odd project, especially when my grandsons are here.  I am intrigued by different techniques and folds, love embossing folders and fussy cutting.  Many of my cards are donated to Operation Write Home and Send a Smile 4 Kids. You might find me at an Heirloom or Stamp Scrap Art Tour stamping show teaching the Make n Takes at a friend's CTMH booth, which I thoroughly enjoy.  It's so much fun meeting fellow stampers and exchanging tips and tricks.   I also teach occasional classes for a group of Red Hatters - feathers, bling and tons of fun!  And I previously served on the DT at Sparkle N Sprinkle.  I also enjoy crocheting and baking, so don't be surprised to see some of those projects on my blog, 
too.


  Welcome ladies.  We're thrilled to have you on our Design Team!  :-D

2 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Congrats to the new DT! Big wave hello to Debi! Looking forward to seeing all your creations!

kReN said...

Welcome, new DT members! We are happy to have you here and look forward to seeing your projects!

kReN
http://afourthlife.blogspot.com